Saturday, April 6, 2013

The Horses are Coming April 11th



I first came across Juliet van Otteren's horse photography in a coffee table book I purchased almost 10 years ago entitled "The Heart of the Horse".  The images took my breath away and I have yet to see anyone capture the spirit of horse as beautifully as Juliet does.  When I decided to curate a show about horses, she was the first person I sought out to contact.

I found Juliet in the Dominican Republic, embarking on a journey to photograph humpback whales in the Silver Bank Sanctuary.  Luckily, she would return in time to send her extraordinary works of art to LA to be a part of our exhibition entitled "Equestrian Spirit, The Heart of the Horse", which I fondly named after her lovely book.

I invite all of you to come by Ethos Gallery April 11 to meet Juliet in person and see her stunning collection of horses.  Opening reception begins at 7 p.m.


No comments:

Post a Comment